Wednesday, September 16, 2009

LeRoy - A Few Years Ago


Every time I saw him over the last few years, his body had declined a little bit more than the time before. First it was a limp. Then it was a cane, a walker. At Mom's 90th birthday party, just three years ago, he was running around on his scooter, moving from scooter to chair by himself, laughing, and having a good time. Last April when I visited him, he drove his scooter around, but needed help moving to a chair or getting into and out of bed. Then he was bedridden. It is heartbreaking to watch the body deteriorate like that. That is why I love this picture. I'm not sure when it was taken, but Sonia has an engagement or wedding ring on so it had to be no more than 10 years ago. He looks so good in this picture. When I look at it, I can hear his voice. This is how I want to remember him - my beloved brother. I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment